Jessica and Jake

Jessica and Jake

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to Us!

What a crazy month April has been! I am realizing that I am not as good as keeping up with this blog as I want to be, but I promise I'll get better...So April always starts out with a bang. I celebrated my 28th birhday and Jake celebrated the big 30th! We had such wonderful birthdays and are so lucky that we were able to celebrate them with our families!

To start things off, the evening of my birthday, April 8th, we went to George's Majestic Lounge for happy hour to listen to Red Ambition Band. I think Jake and I were the youngest couple there. Ha! Red Ambition is playing at our reception and let me tell you, they were great! Everyone, bring your dancing shoes because we're going to dance all night long! After George's we met up with a few friends at Ferrell's, then walked down to the Wine Cellar to listen to one of our good friends play an accoustic set. What a great way to celebrate! The next morning, my parents picked us up around 8:00 and we headed to Hot Springs to enjoy the horse races. It was a beautiful day and couldn't have been more perfect! We had a wonderful time! That Sunday, we went to my Grandmommy's house to do even more celebrating with my family.
Monday, the 11th was Jake's big, special birthday ~ his 30th! We had a low key night, celebrating his special day, just the two of us. His family was able to come into town the following weekend. They got in late Friday night, so we really didn't do much, just drank some wine and visited. I can't believe it, but us "kids" lost track of time and stayed up till around 3:00 catching up. Saturday, we went down to campus and Dickson St. We walked around, looked in some shops and grabbed some lunch at Jose's Streetside. We went to the Razorback baseball game Saturday night. We played Mississippi State and pulled off a win. After the game, we went back to our house and I surprised Jake with a cake ~ I mean, what kind of a fiancee would I be if I didn't get Jake a special 30th birthday cake? It was red velvet, delicious, and definitely a surprise for Jake! It was a great way to end an already great day!

Thank you to everyone who helped make our special days truly special and memorable!! We are so very blessed and I know this is one birthday we will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment